Unexploded Ordnance (UXO)
OPEC Systems is an Australian environmental engineering company with over 25 years’ industry experience encompassing a diverse set of product and service delivery, ranging from Contaminated Site Remediation including Unexploded Ordnance (UXO), Chemical Warfare (CW), friable asbestos to PFAS in water and soils. OPEC also delivers services for hydrocarbon spill control, bulk fuel systems design and construct and disaster management equipment supply/maintenance.
• For UXO and CW impacted sites we offer:
- environmental management and vegetation reduction
- site reconnaissance
- geophysical survey
• Munitions destruction
• Explosives design, supply and handling
• Complex site remediation including friable asbestos works
• Remote site capability supply:
- Collective Protection (COLPRO)
- decontamination systems
- first aid shelters
- waste management
• State of the art Chemical, Biological, Radiation, Nuclear (CBRN) ensemble supply.
In recognition of OPEC's skills and capabilities, we are included in the Defence Environment and Heritage Panel (DEHP) for 2014-2019, with recognised strength in
the following areas:
• Unexploded Ordnance Related Materials Assessment and Management
• Unexploded Ordnance Remediation Works
• Contamination Remediation Works
OPEC has joined forces with deconstruction experts Liberty Industrial to provide a full spectrum of integrated demolition, remediation and civil contracting services for complex sites with elevated safety, environmental and engineering risk profiles. Known as DERT the joint venture is an acronym for Deconstruction, Explosives and Remediation Technologies.
DERT is able to deploy teams of highly trained technicians skilled in managing some of the complex engineering, safety and environmental risks potentially encountered at Defence sites such as UXO, explosive residues, asbestos, heritage and environmental remnants and engineering works adjacent to waterways and residential precincts.
Our key offerings in this area include:
- Complex Site Risk Management including explosive residue detection and remediation; hazardous materials handling; radiological contamination detection and mitigation; UXO handling and disposal; marine and underwater inspection, survey and recovery services; adbestos removal; enginerring controls; and decontamination systems and staff.
- Heritage and Environmental Protection and Monitoring including water, soil and air quality monitoring; site stormwater runoff control; Aboriginal and cultural heritage management; flora and fauna protection; landscaping; and resource recovery.
- Engineering and General Contracting Capabilities including containment cell design and construction; deconstruction and demolition; general civil works; sub-surface infrastructure remediation; wharf and marine infrastructure.
- Site Support Services including 24/7 security; on-site medical services; on-site laboratory services; waste management; and logistics integration.