Tank Integrity Testing
Fuel tanks need to be tested regularly to confirm their integrity and to demonstrate due diligence in avoiding soil and groundwater contamination. OPEC Systems uses the EZY 3 Locator Plus system.
- Combines an acoustic signature assessment with highly accurate isobaric measurement
- Unaffected by variables such as temperature changes, tank dimensional changes, end deflection, or trapped vapour pockets (unlike alternative volumetric and mass measurement technology)
- Can detect air intrusion in the liquid; air intrusion in the ullage; water and/or product trickling into the tank
- Tanks can be tested at virtually any liquid level
- A single test determines the integrity of an entire tank system
- Manifolded tanks are tested together, but if a problem exists, the tank that has the problem can be identified
- No limitation on total capacity of manifolded tanks, however, tanks cannot exceed 100,000 litres each
- Portability of the EZY3 Plus system allows testing of tanks even in confined spaces
- Technology can also be used to test the integrity of pipe systems or any vessel that is required to be ‘tight’
- Testing can generally be completed on site in less than half a day
- Certificates of Integrity are generated after the test.
Pressure Testing - Line
A frequent cause of tank failure is the deterioration and failure of the supply and return lines running to and from the bulk UPSS. OPEC Systems offers a rapid and accurate technique for vacuum testing lines to determine line integrity.
The EZY 3 Plus Locator system offers a highly accurate negative pressure test
Allows the user to accurately determine the size and approximate location of failed pipework
Reduces excavation requirements, and associated time and cost.