OPEC Systems is committed to the protection of your personal information. This Privacy Statement contains the following important information:
- Collection of your personal information
- How we use and disclose your personal information
- Security of your personal information
- How we access, correct or update your personal information
- How to contact us
Collection of your personal information
The types of personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you use this website and how you interact with us.
When you use this website, our Internet Service Provider (ISP) may make a record of your visit and log your server address, your domain name, the date, time and duration of your visit, the pages and documents you accessed, the previous site you had accessed (i.e. the referring url) and the type of browser you are using. This information is collected for statistical purposes only, and OPEC Systems will not make any attempt to identify users according to their browsing activity.
In the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect our ISP’s logs. It is also possible that your ISP is logging your activity while you visit our site. This is obviously beyond the control of OPEC Systems.
Exceptions to this include:
- Where you have given express consent to OPEC Systems to do so;
- Where there are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health;
- The use is authorised by law or reasonably necessary to enforce the law; or
- When the information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
How we use and disclose personal information
The personal information that you provide to us during interaction on this site, and in other interactions between us, is used to provide you with better service for the supply of our products and services to you. The information we gather from your use of this website enables us to provide more personalised products and services that are tailored to your needs. OPEC Systems will not sell, rent or trade your personal information.
Any personal or business information which you do supply will only be used internally at OPEC Systems and will not be divulged to a third party unless that third party is integral to the purpose for which you gave us the information, or where required by law.
- We will only use and disclose information about you for the purpose for which you gave us that information. We may use and disclose information about you for a purpose other than the purpose for which you gave us the information where:
- You would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the personal information for that other purpose;
- That other purpose is related to the purpose for which you gave us the information;
- You have given us your consent for the personal information to be used or disclosed for the additional purpose;
- Where there are reasonable grounds to believe that use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health;
- Where we suspect that unlawful activity is or has been engaged in and we use or disclose the personal information to investigate the suspected unlawful activity;
- Or the use or disclosure is authorised by law or reasonably necessary to enforce the law.
OPEC Systems may also use your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing. We may only use your personal information or data for the purpose of direct marketing in relation to promotional activities where it is impracticable for us to obtain your prior express consent. However, when we do this, we will provide an express opportunity when we first contact you to decline receiving any further marketing communications from us, via an opt-out mechanism.
We will only record your e-mail address if you send us a message. Your e-mail address will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and it will not be added to a mailing list or used for any other purpose without your consent. We will only send e-mails to you if you have elected to receive such e-mails or if they are in response to an email we have received from you.
Security of your personal information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information we collect, use or disclose is stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons. However, users should be aware that there is a residual risk in transmitting any data electronically. This risk is inherent in all Internet dealings.
How to access, correct or update your information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Please contact us if your details change or if you believe the information we have about you is not accurate or complete. We will provide you with reasonable opportunity to access your personal information and have it corrected or updated. A fee may apply to such access. Exceptions to your access rights include:
- Where providing access will pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual or pose an unreasonable impact on the privacy of an individual;
- Your request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- Where the information relates to existing legal proceedings between OPEC Systems and you and the information would not be discoverable in the process of those legal proceedings;
- Or, where providing access would be unlawful, may prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity, may prejudice enforcement of laws or, denying access is specifically authorised by law.
Third Party Links
You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
This website, and a proportion of its content, is copyright of OPEC Systems Pty Ltd. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only;
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material;
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
How to contact us:
Please visit the contact us
page of this website.