The system can be used in ports and harbours, shoreline operations, coastal waters and almost any similar environment where oils are required to be removed from a water source.
Key Features and Benefits:
- The four independently driven banks of discs create a 360 degree ‘flow’ of pollutant towards the skimmer head
- The skimmer discs operate smoothly even at low speeds, giving more than 98% oil pick-up, which effectively eliminates the need for costly separation or disposal of dirty water
- The disc scrapers are manufactured from a specially designed flexible polymer which precisely follows the contour of the disc and ensures that even the lightest oils are recovered very efficiently
- The remote Vikopump V190 is a powerful positive displacement transfer pump with excellent suction performance, enabling high volumes of high viscosity contaminants to be recovered and discharged. The pump can run dry without damage
- The pump rating is 42m3/hr and the system oil recovery rate is up to 35m3/hr
- The GP10-2E diesel powerpack is extremely efficient and incorporates important safety features to ensure that it is safe for operation in oil spill situations
- All components have been built with durable,lightweight materials making it a very compact system
- KomaraTM skimmers have been deployed in more situations around the world than any other skimmer and have proven to offer extremely high reliability with very low maintenance, giving the lowest life cycle cost in the industry.