OPEC Systems is an Australian owned contracting company entering its 30th year in business! Our clients rely on us to make the world a safer place. Using our highly trained and experienced personnel, coupled with the very latest technologies, we deliver intelligent environmental solutions.
We are seeking an Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) Field Assistant that can support our team located Australia-wide.
Your role will include project work in the field, working in various locations and environments across Australia and the South Pacific. It will include assessment, , geophysical survey, and remediation of sites contaminated with unexploded ordnance.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Recognition of munitions, particularly UXO
- Conducting UXO and Explosive Ordnance Material (EOM) searches under the supervision of a UXO Technician.
- Locating subsurface UXO/EOM by operating UXO detection equipment.
- Follow Workplace Health and Safety procedures and ensure compliance.
- Working in personal protective equipment (PPE) including face masks and respirators where required.
- Remove non-hazardous munitions debris and range-related debris.
Required skills and qualifications
- Experienced in undertaking UXO/EOM remediation activities.
- General knowledge of UXO remediation tasks.
- Experienced in operating within an integrated QSE systems framework (ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO 45001).
- Hold current Drivers Licence.
- Hold current White Card.
- Previous experience operating UltraTEM equipment.
What is on offer:
- Travel allowances
- Employee bonus scheme
- Study opportunities with our registered training organisation OPEC College
- Opportunity to develop within a well-established business
Should you feel you are a good fit for OPEC, please submit your CV and cover letter to OPEC Careers Team [email protected].
Must be willing to undergo medical check and police check for Defence clearance.
Whilst we appreciate every application, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.