OPEC Systems is an Australian owned contracting company entering its 30th year in business! Our clients rely on us to make the world a safer place. Using our highly trained and experienced personnel, coupled with the very latest technologies, we deliver intelligent environmental solutions.
We are seeking an UltraTEM-IV Equipment Operator that can support our team located Australia-wide.
Your role will include project work in the field, working in various locations and environments across Australia. The role is responsible for efficiently collecting and uploading UltraTEM-IV geophysical survey data.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Correct operation and maintenance of UltraTEM-IV and GPS equipment.
- Plan, prepare and lay out a grid for UltraTEM-IV data capture.
- Establish site specific UltraTEM-IV Instrument Verification Strips.
- Perform daily Instrument Verification calibration checks on UltraTEM-IV equipment.
- Capture high quality UltraTEM-IV data systematically.
- UltraTEM-IV data uploaded daily via approved process for detailed quality assessment, processing, and interpretation.
- Maintaining detailed daily records and submitting daily UltraTEM-IV survey diary reports.
Required skills and qualifications
- Completed and successfully passed – AHCMOM216 – Operate side by side utility vehicles course, or equivalent.
- Applicable State OH&S General Induction for Construction Work.
- Documented training in correct operation of UltraTEM-IV equipment in both, towed and hand carried configurations, or other geophysical survey equipment.
- Ability to collect high quality geophysical survey data.
- Competent in fault diagnosis of electronic equipment and able to complete user level repairs and maintenance.
- Sound understanding of Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and Graphic Interface Systems (GIS).
- General knowledge of UXO remediation tasks.
- Experienced in operating within an integrated QSE systems framework (ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO 45001).
- Hold current Drivers Licence.
- Hold current White Card.
What is on offer:
- Competitive project day rate
- Travel allowances
- Employee bonus scheme
- Study opportunities with our registered training organisation OPEC College
- Opportunity to develop within a well-established business
Should you feel you are a good fit for OPEC, please submit your CV and cover letter to OPEC Careers Team [email protected].
Must be willing to undergo medical check and police check for Defence clearance.
Whilst we appreciate every application, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.